The Dominican Republic is a country with many attractions. In recent days, it has received numerous awards and recognitions from different organizations and different countries such as the UAE. Moreover, within the Dominican Republic, there is a region that stands out from the others, which is the North Coast.
Below, you will find a summary of all the news that proves that the Dominican Republic is the best option for your vacation or permanent stay.
THE BEST LATIN AMERICAN DESTINATION
Lately, the Dominican Republic has received numerous awards and recognitions. Earlier this week, we wrote about another extraordinary recognition that the country obtained on September 28. Overcoming 193 countries, the D.R. received the “Outstanding Global Connectivity” award. Click Here for more.
The Dominican Republic already has been recognized as the best Latin American destination by the Mexican tour operator PriceTravel Holding. Click Here to know more for more.
Great things are happening: happy tourists who leave and plan to return or retire to this country. On the business side, there are agreements in negotiation, projects in the process of development, and so on.
Besides, the country was voted the #1 destination in the Caribbean. to find out more click here.
The Dominican Republic is One of The Most Beautiful Countries in The World
The D.R. is on the list of “The 40 Most Beautiful Countries in the World” by the Condé Nast Traveler, a famous travel and luxury magazine. The Tourism and Travel Competitiveness Report and the UNESCO World Heritage Site were taken into account. Being on this ranking is the result of the competitiveness of the Dominican Republic as a tourist island.
The Numbers Don’t Lie
According to the Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Result, the Dominican Republic improved its score concerning 2017, moving from position 76 of the global ranking to number 73 out of 140 economies of global travel. The country obtained a positive performance in the four sub-indices. This information was presented by the World Economic Forum.
It is all good news for the Dominican Republic, proving that this is the best country to visit or retire. After picking up a country, the next step is to choose the area you would like to visit. The best and most diverse area is undoubtedly the Northern Region, which extends from Monte Cristi to Samana.
The North Coast…The Jewel of the Dominican Republic
Now that you already know why the Dominican Republic is the best country in the world, we are delighted to inform you why the North Coast is its best region. Every year, many foreigners who visit the North Coast have described it as an area to which they will definitely return. And it is not for less, as one of the fundamental attractions is the service, making it the main attraction that differentiates the North Coast from other destinations in the country.
1-VARIETY OF BEACHES
As a matter of fact, one of the most important reasons why you travel to the Caribbean is the beach. The North Coast is the only area where you can find a wide range of beaches. For example, if you are looking for the best snorkeling, Sosúa and Cayo Arena are the best beaches for this.
Also, the Condé Nast Traveler magazine highlighted the Peninsula of Samaná due to the crystal clear waters of Playa Bonita ideal for diving. If you want to find out about other outstanding beaches, please click here to know more:
2- THE FIRST SETTLEMENT IN AMERICA
Did you know that the Ministry of Culture has proposed to declare the Isabela as a world cultural heritage? La Isabela was the place where Cristopher Columbus first stepped upon his arrival to the island. He later found the first European settlement in America. Villa Isabela Archaeological Site, in Luperon, Puerto Plata, is on the tentative list to become one of the UNESCO Cultural Heritage Sites.
3-MORE THAN A BEACH DESTINATION
Its natural diversity, colorful streets full of artistic murals, and fascinating history are just some of the attractions that you can encounter besides the stunning beaches. It is the only area of the country that can offer a vast selection of authentic attractions, such as the 27 waterfalls of Damajagua. Also, cultural attractions such as the diverse museums and historical centers of the Isabela, Puerto Plata, and Sosua.
To find out more about secret cultural places that you should visit, please click here:
4- INVESTORS WILL LOVE 2020 ON THE NORTH COAST
- Documented facts prove that tourism on the North Coast and the entire D.R. has a very positive projection for 2020. According to the Tourist Cluster of Puerto Plata, the destination will close 2019 with 450, 000 foreign visitors by air and 750,000 cruise passengers. Moreover, a significant increase is expected for 2020.
- New agreements were established during the past Trade Show “Discover MarketPlace.” Seven hundred professional meetings took place. 80 participating companies and the more than 300 international buyers attended the 8th edition of the Trade Show.
- If you would like to find out more details about the Discover MarketPlace Trade Show, please read our previous post clicking here.
- 650,000 additional passengers will arrive in 2020.
- Expedia Group data reveals that bookings to Puerto Plata registered an increase of nearly 10%. In that matter, the market with the highest growth at the destination was the United States, with 14%. Meanwhile, Canada was the second international destination whose demand grew to Puerto Plata from January to June 2019, almost 5%. The packages to Puerto Plata represented a little more than 40% of the market during the first half of the year.
So don’t wait any longer, visit the north coast of the Dominican Republic. Remember that Dream City will be your best option to invest if you decide to move.
Tell us which one is your favorite area of the Dominican Republic.